Share | 

Land Grab OttO

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
AuthorMessage
_spunk_

PostSubject: Re: Land Grab OttO   Tue May 11, 2010 12:10 pm

Brett wrote:
If you guys want to see what you can do with some real map rapeage in 1v1, and absolutely zero lag, I can post my 2414 Ottoman Boom which uses only Trickle to boost the boom. Doing booms against the AI is vastly different from doing real booms.

Also, I'm beginning to think that whenever I play Ottoman from now-on I'm just going to skip trickle. 3K coin at 40 doesn't seem like a worthwhile investment of a card... especially not when I have to spend half of it to get my factories out on time. If I go without it, I'm thinking that having cheaper jans before 40 is the best option, as it will save a significant sum in the long-run.

Not to mention, if you build 30 jans for your first army, you save 2K of recs from that card alone. Almost as much as the trickle is worth in 40 minutes, yet it's value keeps building..

yer i always send cheap jan before 40 if u building like 70 jans thats a lot saved , and im thinking of swapping trickle for cows and see what the difference is
Back to top Go down
View user profile
UofA_RX7

PostSubject: Re: Land Grab OttO   Tue May 11, 2010 12:15 pm

I did it last night when we played, I noticed that it did slow me down slightly not using it, but the cows had a better benifit overall. Yea I have been sending the cheap jan card early recently and it does save quite a bit of resources especially with the way my starting army has looked recently Wink
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Brett

PostSubject: Re: Land Grab OttO   Tue May 11, 2010 2:17 pm

I honestly don't even think I'd bother cowing, unless it was a 3v3. I'd just use the extra card to maximize my military potential. Advanced Arsenal + Cheaper Jans + Church Card + Fast Art/Cav (Depending on match-up) + Battlefield Construction = Epic Win.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
MarquesdeSotero

PostSubject: Re: Land Grab OttO   Tue May 11, 2010 5:34 pm

Buck the System wrote:
you you you.......see what i mean. beyourself moron. i fking tired of this.

theres no need to try and capture what ive done allready! stick to your own b.s boom. its horribly slow the way you guys boom.

BYE! jerk
Buzz, wtf are you saying man, he didnt beg you for the right to use your boom, he simply asked a question and challanged you to prove to us that land grab is the better option, no one gives sh*t about your boom and we dont want to use it unless maybe for some reason you prove to us that in a REAL game with 1-3 hunts (i might even be exagerating) and 4-5 mines, you can get a higher score by using land grab. If you dont want to answer go flame some where else, cuz no one cares about how you think that you are a pioneer and how unique and perfect you are and how you think we are robots...NO ONE CARES...just prove to all of us that you are right or else stop talking shite man.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
J4|V|3$

PostSubject: Re: Land Grab OttO   Wed May 12, 2010 1:56 am

Buck the System wrote:
you you you.......see what i mean. beyourself moron. i fking tired of this.

theres no need to try and capture what ive done allready! stick to your own b.s boom. its horribly slow the way you guys boom.

BYE! jerk
attacking mod=ban?
Back to top Go down
View user profile

PostSubject: Re: Land Grab OttO   Wed May 12, 2010 7:10 am

ive shown you the fastest age 4 youll ever get and a 16min imperial time. that there is why mine is supperior.

pi slow playing otto is a joke.........so torturously slow is ridiculous.

just because uofa was asking this and that, i went ahead and lamed otto the best way possible and guess what dudes?

i lamed the ranching so bad i ruined everything i even thought was possible!

lol , yep me again. "showing the way" cheers
Back to top Go down
UofA_RX7

PostSubject: Re: Land Grab OttO   Wed May 12, 2010 7:42 am

Wow is all I can say. You didn't asnswer a single question. Showed a boom were you lamed the maps resources and is completely ridiculous. Yet somehow you think this makes you awsome. You really are a joke on these forums. I tried to give you a chance to have a proper debate about this and you cannot do it. I feel like I am just talking to a kid.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
_spunk_

PostSubject: Re: Land Grab OttO   Wed May 12, 2010 10:49 am

he can't explain cause he aint got no explanation. 5-6 herds 8 mines 3 vills 700 wood card and cows, what more do he need?? yet hes trying to tell us he's showed us the way with otto. stop with your fake arse boom's i dunno who u trying to impress but it's failing bad
Back to top Go down
View user profile
J4|V|3$

PostSubject: Re: Land Grab OttO   Wed May 12, 2010 5:30 pm

yeah im pretty sure theres no adequate explanation he could possibly give for this, so he just BSs stuff about how he owns otto and how amazing he is. then again maybe his kis was playing again lol!
Back to top Go down
View user profile

PostSubject: Re: Land Grab OttO   Thu May 13, 2010 8:19 am

UofA_RX7 wrote:
Wow is all I can say. You didn't asnswer a single question. Showed a boom were you lamed the maps resources and is completely ridiculous. Yet somehow you think this makes you awsome. You really are a joke on these forums. I tried to give you a chance to have a proper debate about this and you cannot do it. I feel like I am just talking to a kid.
man theres no need to debate. youve played your otto that way for a long time so move on. obviously you want more eco but have to change to get it.

and pi why why why do you keep rambling about zero lag? dont explain please. i know i have by far the fastest system here

either of the systems i have.'

i allready told you about my other build. 3way sli 4.0ghz B.E quad core

heres the zero lag(lmfao) machine with the fastest card on the planet. the ati black edition 5970 and a six core amd B.E 4.5ghz.

thats zero lag dip shit!

my new build is just over kill. the other machine is my media center now lol.
Back to top Go down
Dr. Dreadloc
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Land Grab OttO   Thu May 13, 2010 9:19 am

I know I like to use different cards when I use otts, to me I do not care about the extra eco before 40 I like having cards like cheaper jans, AA, church card, and if I am lucky I try and have a team card out for the the team, because my otts are bitch'n and i easy can gain my eco and score up by having cheaper and stronger jans at 40 to use, plus me not using vil and free wood cards give me 2 better options of card choices. Thats how I play them, everyone else can play them their way, but I think otts need as beef up as possible for first strike and blitz as hard as possible at 40.

cheaper jans and stronger units will save you alot of resources anyways at beginning of game, I think alot of players do not use this card til later in game and thats alot of resources wasting away.
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://trt-aoe3-clan.twilightlegend.net

PostSubject: Re: Land Grab OttO   Thu May 13, 2010 9:43 am

i allways send AA and jan hp attk card before 40. thats plenty enough to get started. fast cav is for spammers who lose the initial army fast and spam cav. yay that makes the fast cav spammers my heros.

after that the cards are rather insignificant.

otto mosque techs are the worst in the entire game......do not use that card ever! its totally junk. you want 10 more jans or whatever it gives delete 10 replaceable vills. the 3 bombadrs are a joke. for the pop cost 2 culves own them easily. its just not viable when deleteing otto vills is how you play them.

ooopps i did it again. affraid
Back to top Go down
UofA_RX7

PostSubject: Re: Land Grab OttO   Thu May 13, 2010 9:53 am

Buck the System wrote:
i allways send AA and jan hp attk card before 40. thats plenty enough to get started. fast cav is for spammers who lose the initial army fast and spam cav. yay that makes the fast cav spammers my heros.

otto mosque techs are the worst in the entire game......do not use that card ever! its totally junk. you want 10 more jans or whatever it gives delete 10 replaceable vills. the 3 bombadrs are a joke. for the pop cost 2 culves own them easily. its just not viable when deleteing otto vills is how you play them.

Well that is very funny, beacuase the boom you posted trying to teach us all the best way to play otto, the only military card you got out was battlefield construction. You are making no sense again buzz. Are you using all those eco/booming cards or are you getting out the military cards. Stop saying you are doing both because your boom proves that you can't do both. You have to pick
Back to top Go down
View user profile

PostSubject: Re: Land Grab OttO   Thu May 13, 2010 10:22 am

UofA_RX7 wrote:
Buck the System wrote:

Well that is very funny, beacuase the boom you posted trying to teach us all the best way to play otto, the only military card you got out was battlefield construction. You are making no sense again buzz. Are you using all those eco/booming cards or are you getting out the military cards. Stop saying you are doing both because your boom proves that you can't do both. You have to pick
i boom 3 ways as with all the civs i play. i play them all 3 different ways. im no robot i have sense to adapt. obviously you guys dont because your looking for the "one" to use.
Back to top Go down
MarquesdeSotero

PostSubject: Re: Land Grab OttO   Thu May 13, 2010 3:49 pm

Buck the System wrote:
UofA_RX7 wrote:
Buck the System wrote:

i boom 3 ways as with all the civs i play. i play them all 3 different ways. im no robot i have sense to adapt. obviously you guys dont because your looking for the "one" to use.
But either way your "three ways"will most of the time get a lower score and military power at 40 than our "one way" (even though i dont really have only one way...)
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Brett

PostSubject: Re: Land Grab OttO   Thu May 13, 2010 5:15 pm

There is no one or two or three way(s). There can be an overarching plan but every boom is unique because there's different conditions in every game.

'nuff said.

(BTW, 2 culvs won't own 3 bombards because I'll have 6-8 culvs + 20 abus, which will own 2 culvs)
Back to top Go down
View user profile
MarquesdeSotero

PostSubject: Re: Land Grab OttO   Thu May 13, 2010 6:08 pm

Brett wrote:
There is no one or two or three way(s). There can be an overarching plan but every boom is unique because there's different conditions in every game.

'nuff said.

(BTW, 2 culvs won't own 3 bombards because I'll have 6-8 culvs + 20 abus, which will own 2 culvs)
Yeah but i meant that i always have more than one boom plan, but i know that every boom is not unique cuz u might need to gather more wood for mills earlier in a 3v3, or you might need to send a card before another card. It always depends.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
J4|V|3$

PostSubject: Re: Land Grab OttO   Thu May 13, 2010 6:41 pm

Buck the System wrote:
UofA_RX7 wrote:
man theres no need to debate. youve played your otto that way for a long time so move on. obviously you want more eco but have to change to get it.

and pi why why why do you keep rambling about zero lag? dont explain please. i know i have by far the fastest system here

either of the systems i have.'

i allready told you about my other build. 3way sli 4.0ghz B.E quad core

heres the zero lag(lmfao) machine with the fastest card on the planet. the ati black edition 5970 and a six core amd B.E 4.5ghz.

thats zero lag dip shit!

my new build is just over kill. the other machine is my media center now lol.
1) no one cares about your "i waste all my monay on my computer to play aoe because i have no life" desktop but you

2)what bretts talking about with zero lag is achievable with any computer (except maybe sandy's). 99% of the lag you get in games is due to the fact youre on eso and having to connect with other peoples comps. zero lag is when u play a game with only you and a comp, which lags almost zero. it may vary a negligablke amt from computer to computer but not enough to make a difference

3) and uofa is right, this is like talking to a kid who has to show off their new toy to prove their better than everyone, yet again. the difference is most people grow out of it and dont make a laughing stock out of themselves at almost 40 by acting like theyre 10
Back to top Go down
View user profile

PostSubject: Re: Land Grab OttO   Fri May 14, 2010 9:21 am

Brett wrote:

'nuff said.

nice a pop heavy start getting owned by 92 jans fully upgraded and 2 culv.

lol nothing otto has will beat a pure jan spam. nothing!

i know the difference between the online experience and offline.......most lag for computer reasons. the others llag for connection reasons.

wise up i never lag. if anything ive crashed possibly 5 times evr online.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Land Grab OttO   Fri May 14, 2010 9:29 am

jealousy will get you no where ever. you want a good job? dont be jealous or you will not last. employers fire people with jealousy because it causes problems.

you guys just keep having fun on your crusade vs me but ill just keep torturing you. lol!
Back to top Go down
Brett

PostSubject: Re: Land Grab OttO   Fri May 14, 2010 2:11 pm

Buck the System wrote:
Brett wrote:

i know the difference between the online experience and offline.......most lag for computer reasons. the others llag for connection reasons.

No, just no. I guarantee you that 3 bombards, 20 abus + varying amount of culvs + jans will decimate an idiotic starting army like that. For one, the 20 abus alone can kill that starting army. For two, with only 2 culvs, you won't beat out 6-8 culvs. For three, the massive splash damage from 3 bombards will decimate the rest of your jans.

If you run with them, 20 abus split about can still fuck over your entire plan because of how fast abus kill jans. No matter how you play it, pure jan start is countered by a jan abus start.

BTW, on a side note. I know the overclocking limits of AMD processors. It's exceptionally rare that you can sustain over 4GHz with watercooling and not get random lock-ups on a quad-core. The hexa-cores are even worse in this regard, without resorting to something drastic like phase-change cooling or liquid nitrogen cooling with those processors it is impossible to sustain 4.5GHz.

In addition, Age doesn't benefit one iota from a hexacore chip or SLI. This game is so old that any modern system can pump over 100FPS with a half-way decent graphics card. Besides that, it's not really impressive to see you wasting your money on overkill systems. Hell, last I knew you weren't working, so you're wasting MY money on overkill systems. I'd like my 4 grand back.
Back to top Go down
View user profile

PostSubject: Re: Land Grab OttO   Sat May 15, 2010 9:15 am

Brett wrote:
Buck the System wrote:
Brett wrote:

No, just no. I guarantee you that 3 bombards, 20 abus + varying amount of culvs + jans will decimate an idiotic starting army like that. For one, the 20 abus alone can kill that starting army. For two, with only 2 culvs, you won't beat out 6-8 culvs. For three, the massive splash damage from 3 bombards will decimate the rest of your jans.

If you run with them, 20 abus split about can still fuck over your entire plan because of how fast abus kill jans. No matter how you play it, pure jan start is countered by a jan abus start.

BTW, on a side note. I know the overclocking limits of AMD processors. It's exceptionally rare that you can sustain over 4GHz with watercooling and not get random lock-ups on a quad-core. The hexa-cores are even worse in this regard, without resorting to something drastic like phase-change cooling or liquid nitrogen cooling with those processors it is impossible to sustain 4.5GHz.

In addition, Age doesn't benefit one iota from a hexacore chip or SLI. This game is so old that any modern system can pump over 100FPS with a half-way decent graphics card. Besides that, it's not really impressive to see you wasting your money on overkill systems. Hell, last I knew you weren't working, so you're wasting MY money on overkill systems. I'd like my 4 grand back.
its future proofed thats it. your so narrow minded to think this is all i do with the computers. youd actually probly call me a mad scientist if you saw what ive been up to.

the old lady just came home from her trip so i have to spend time with her for a few days til she ships out again on monday.....then i can commit myself to this crap.
Back to top Go down
J4|V|3$

PostSubject: Re: Land Grab OttO   Sun May 16, 2010 1:38 am

ok first of all just 50 abus guns will own that starting army of 92 jans 2 culvs

second of all so will anything containing a skirm type unit as you have absolutely no counter

third so will any army with 4 or more culvs and cannons, 4 culvs shoudl easily out culv 2, then youve got cannons to rape the jans

fourth even 100 jans would beat that army as 8 jans will beat 2 culvs easily
Back to top Go down
View user profile

PostSubject: Re: Land Grab OttO   Sun May 16, 2010 10:15 am

2 words..........map control.

abus isnt going to give you that.

heck i wouldnt hesitate to go 150 jans ownage at 40 mins with the eco i have with them. lol!
Back to top Go down
Firom

PostSubject: Re: Land Grab OttO   Sun May 16, 2010 10:48 am

Buck the System wrote:
2 words..........map control.

abus isnt going to give you that.

heck i wouldnt hesitate to go 150 jans ownage at 40 mins with the eco i have with them. lol!
yeah, you jan spam certainly worked vs my india lol!
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Land Grab OttO   

Back to top Go down

Land Grab OttO
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 3 of 5Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next