HomePortalCalendarFAQSearchMemberlistUsergroupsRegisterLog in

Share | 

Ports mortars with long range: how can we kill them?

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
[F_4_E]Samuca

PostSubject: Ports mortars with long range: how can we kill them?   Wed Jul 29, 2009 12:54 pm

hi guys. id like u could answer my question bout ports mortars cause its difficult to kill ports mortars when it has that card upgrade that increases its range... if allbinx or fin, or kerk could post here i ll be very thankful to u 3; i know we should use culverines against them but sometimes our culverines cant kill them cause the mortars r protected by culv and they r behind the culv shooting our bases and destroying it, especially when the ports have a wall in front of u. ty to u and i ll wait an answer soon. isn't it op these mortars? lol
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://www.feclan.forumeiros.com
UofA_RX7

PostSubject: Re: Ports mortars with long range: how can we kill them?   Wed Jul 29, 2009 2:54 pm

Well my name wasn't included in that list so you can probably just ignore me. First of all its stupid to let anyone get and keep up a wall in front of where you are attacking them. Secondly, it comes down to you have to beat their culvs. This is harder to do vs ports because of the decrease in their artilery train time. But if you when the culv war or if you don't let them wall so you can flank them its possible to keep their mortor pop really low at all times.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
UofA_RX7

PostSubject: Re: Ports mortars with long range: how can we kill them?   Wed Jul 29, 2009 2:56 pm

Oh and you should close the gap in general between them. Its like if you just let a brit mass lb, they will beat you in a ranged battle
Back to top Go down
View user profile
[F_4_E]Samuca

PostSubject: Re: Ports mortars with long range: how can we kill them?   Wed Jul 29, 2009 3:16 pm

sry uofa to not mention u lol but if the place u have to face ports dont have flanks, how can u beat the mortars? like going through natives, sometimes dont have space to build or flank there so ports mortars ll own u there behind its army... i think a good way to handle with this is to destroy artillery buildings of the ports
Back to top Go down
Firom

PostSubject: Re: Ports mortars with long range: how can we kill them?   Wed Jul 29, 2009 3:22 pm

and that. samuca, is why india will never beat portugal, especially in the choke.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
UofA_RX7

PostSubject: Re: Ports mortars with long range: how can we kill them?   Wed Jul 29, 2009 3:27 pm

You would have to close the gap so they can't slowly mortor you to death. Also, you would have to have more culvs out then the port at all times.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
[F_4_E]Samuca

PostSubject: Re: Ports mortars with long range: how can we kill them?   Wed Jul 29, 2009 3:31 pm

i know it... id like binx and fin and also kerk post here their opinions bout that, if they have a trick or something like this to count ports mortars with long range lol. ty guys to post here.
Back to top Go down
wulff123

PostSubject: Re: Ports mortars with long range: how can we kill them?   Wed Jul 29, 2009 3:43 pm

Remember sooner or later you will get the mortars down. As Uofa says dont let them wall in front.

I think one of the most importent things against the mortars is to remember rebuild all the time.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Brett

PostSubject: Re: Ports mortars with long range: how can we kill them?   Wed Jul 29, 2009 4:32 pm

wulff123 wrote:
Remember sooner or later you will get the mortars down. As Uofa says dont let them wall in front.

I think one of the most importent things against the mortars is to remember rebuild all the time.

This can be problematic though in that constantly rebuilding can take your mind off microing as effectively, distracting you and giving them an advantage (mortars are easy to micro, rebuilding, training and microing a culv war isn't).
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Allbinx

PostSubject: Re: Ports mortars with long range: how can we kill them?   Wed Jul 29, 2009 6:10 pm

im not going to sit here and tell u to build more culvs than he is because this is obvious. u know that... so this is how i would go about it...

first of all. almost every port player wont even build mortars untill he sends the card (which is stupid) but usually this is what happens. and its very rare that they will send the card before 40 unless they skimp out on other cards so this is my recommendation... simply have your mortars out first... dont let em even get an art foundary up... this way u can push and beat their army and get a large fb up before they even send the card. so. always have your own mortars in que. and focus them on taking out the artillary foundaries. a port player wont make more than 1-2 art foundaries (because they have fast training) so it should be simple to take them out... thats the best you can do really (aside from winning the culv war)..

hope it helps
Back to top Go down
View user profile
E_Drenaline

PostSubject: Re: Ports mortars with long range: how can we kill them?   Wed Jul 29, 2009 6:26 pm

Just watched the replay of you Kerk and Sanderson on Painted Desert. You practiced in that game, what you just preached. Smile
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Allbinx

PostSubject: Re: Ports mortars with long range: how can we kill them?   Wed Jul 29, 2009 6:30 pm

hehe yea ports rock on that map. very tough to beat on PD. well done to wulff in holding out pretty well
Back to top Go down
View user profile
[F_4_E]Samuca

PostSubject: Re: Ports mortars with long range: how can we kill them?   Wed Jul 29, 2009 6:39 pm

good reply binx but it sounds difficult to do it especially when ports come with a big army which make pop to 270 isnt it, and to face them sometimes i kill some vills to get advantage on ports battle but anyway thank for posting here ^^

p.s.: how r u? a long time i havent seen u on eso lol c u there xP
Back to top Go down
[F_4_E]Samuca

PostSubject: Re: Ports mortars with long range: how can we kill them?   Wed Jul 29, 2009 6:45 pm

another thing to ask u guys... lol

how can we take the treasure while we re killing the treasure's guardian and comes that fuking enemy explorer and take it before u can take it?

theres a trick to do it, isn it?

to u all, hf and i wait for replies lets comment...

p.s.: sorry for posting it here but i couldnt find a good place to post it Razz

Last edited by [F_4_E]Samuca on Wed Jul 29, 2009 6:48 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Brett

PostSubject: Re: Ports mortars with long range: how can we kill them?   Wed Jul 29, 2009 6:46 pm

I use mortars even without 50 range, 40 is still VERY annoying and I always have at least 2, usually 3 or 4 foundries at my FB, plus I'm always keeping culvs in queue, so what allbinx said won't ALWAYS work, but it's certainly better than alot of other options.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
[F_4_E]Samuca

PostSubject: Re: Ports mortars with long range: how can we kill them?   Wed Jul 29, 2009 6:52 pm

lets comment plzzzz....
Back to top Go down
Allbinx

PostSubject: Re: Ports mortars with long range: how can we kill them?   Wed Jul 29, 2009 6:57 pm

Brett wrote:
I use mortars even without 50 range, 40 is still VERY annoying and I always have at least 2, usually 3 or 4 foundries at my FB, plus I'm always keeping culvs in queue, so what allbinx said won't ALWAYS work, but it's certainly better than alot of other options.

well yes. i didnt say it would always work lol... but its ur best shot other than winning the culv battle.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Allbinx

PostSubject: Re: Ports mortars with long range: how can we kill them?   Wed Jul 29, 2009 7:01 pm

about the treasure question.... whoever has the fastest computer and reflexes x D lol...

but seriously, what u can do, its very very tough and u must have a good comp with good connection.. but u can take the treasure gaurdian's health all the way down to 1 hP. or close enojugh that u can kill it with one more shot. and what u do is fake it lol... when ur explorer raises his hand to strike the final blow. click "stop" or move him away. this will cause the enemy to try and take the treasure with no success cuz the gaurdian isnt dead. and you can "fake" him several times untill you are ready to take it and he wont know whether you are faking or not Very Happy... if he kills the gaurdian... well then u can take it before he stands up Very Happy..

i hope i explained this well enough... its kinda hard to describe.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
[F_4_E]Samuca

PostSubject: Re: Ports mortars with long range: how can we kill them?   Wed Jul 29, 2009 9:12 pm

lol i never thought bout that lol very ty to u ^^

and how r u doing man? good? continue playing aoe?
Back to top Go down
birds are shy

PostSubject: Re: Ports mortars with long range: how can we kill them?   Thu Jul 30, 2009 3:51 am

tuck tuck tuck.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Sanderson_FIN

PostSubject: Re: Ports mortars with long range: how can we kill them?   Thu Jul 30, 2009 4:00 am

well port mortars are the no1 annoyance out there for me and I think the only options are winning culv war and taking ownership of flanks. well of course if a port player makes 5 mortars at a time you should be able to beat his other army and then move to kill the mortars.. they're really an issue...

treasures hmm well if the last guardian is killed with a crackshot you just have to be fast enough and click the treasure as soon as you hear the gun shoot. it's easier if you're not the one shooting.

p.s. yea nice job mentioning jerkumus and not UofA Razz
Back to top Go down
View user profile

PostSubject: Re: Ports mortars with long range: how can we kill them?   Thu Jul 30, 2009 8:14 am

Sanderson_FIN wrote:
well port mortars are the no1 annoyance out there for me and I think the only options are winning culv war and taking ownership of flanks. well of course if a port player makes 5 mortars at a time you should be able to beat his other army and then move to kill the mortars.. they're really an issue...

treasures hmm well if the last guardian is killed with a crackshot you just have to be fast enough and click the treasure as soon as you hear the gun shoot. it's easier if you're not the one shooting.

p.s. yea nice job mentioning jerkumus and not UofA Razz

I think the best method to countering port mortars is prevention.
Controlling the flanks is definitely key. Winning the culv war will be difficult vs a port who knows what he is doing, especially if you are using a civ.

However, in the scenario you presented where you are in a narrow pass and the flanks are sealed, I noticed that if I play more agressive and push hard even if it drains me a little, its well worth it. If you stay in their face and dont give them a chance to keep their pop at max you can do well vs them.

I think of port mortars as a bad STD. If you dont choose to prevent it, you're going to have a miserable time treating it : )

Always use a condom vs port : )
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Ports mortars with long range: how can we kill them?   Thu Jul 30, 2009 9:18 am

why not do what i do. use the worst artillery civ in the game and own em with no arttillery. multiple flanks and once close to the oppnents walls just make ww and hide morters/cannons in them.

i admit ports 1st wave is troublesome and unless your an op civ you wont win vs their 1 army. so be patient get built up and rip em a new a-hole!
Back to top Go down
[F_4_E]Samuca

PostSubject: Re: Ports mortars with long range: how can we kill them?   Thu Jul 30, 2009 12:09 pm

ty to u all answers and "waste of time" here helping me and giving differente points bout that trouble ports make to us... but in fact, ports mortars r very very op when u dont prevention it like kerk said

lol i forgot uofa lol
Back to top Go down
[F_4_E]Samuca

PostSubject: Re: Ports mortars with long range: how can we kill them?   Thu Jul 30, 2009 12:29 pm

any more comments?
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Ports mortars with long range: how can we kill them?   

Back to top Go down

Ports mortars with long range: how can we kill them?
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next